Don’t know what to look for in a multimeter to help solve your electrical and mechanical problems?
It becomes even harder when you can’t identify the best fluke multimeter for your electrical work. Because there are a lot of multimeters in the market.
Fluke offers the best solution to your electrical work, whether you are a professional technician or want to care for your home electrical appliances.
Below are some fluke multimeters that can help you test and measure your electrical appliances indoors and outdoors.
Comparison Table: Best Fluke Multimeter for Home use
1. Best Overall: Fluke 116 HVAC Multimeter
- Built in thermometer for HVAC applications
- Microamps to test flame sensors
- LoZ: helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
- Large white LED backlight to work in poorly lit areas
- Resistance, continuity, frequency and capacitance
If you want an HVAC multimeter that can make your electrical appliances look great, whether you’re a professional or a homeowner, get yourself a Fluke 116 multimeter. Some of its features don’t need any rocket science to operate. It is very convenient and user-friendly.
Fluke 116 meters is the most suitable for automotive and electrical work. You’ll probably love how neat this meter looks. Testing flame sensing is made easy with the help of microamp testing. Any ghost readings resulting from stray voltages typically standard in many multimeters cannot be experienced in this 116 HVAC multimeter, courtesy of the LoZ feature.
You can carry it anywhere. The white LED backlight display provides easy reading. The list is endless when discussing this fine-looking multimeter. Whether you’re a professional or new to the multimeter, using it gets very easy.
Additionally, the price is also very affordable. Why miss out on such an excellent multimeter for your electrical appliances? The safety and warranty of this 116 HVAC shouldn’t worry you at all. It comes with cat iii 600v safety rated, which ensures your protection and reassurance.
Read in Detail: Fluke 116 full review
- Large display courtesy of LCD screen
- It can be used single-handedly
- Readings and tests are correct
- It comes with a carrying case
- It tests microamp only and not amp
- It sometimes misleads temperatures
- Only available in the USA
2. Best Value: Fluke 114 Electrician’s Multimeter
- AutoVolt automatic ac/dc voltage selection
- Low input impedance helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
- Work in poorly lit areas with the Large white LED backlit display
- Resistance and continuity
- Record signal fluctuations using Min/Max/Average
Fluke 114 digital multimeter is perfectly made for electricians to use for both commercial and residential purposes. So if you want to get your electrical results without any complications, try and lay your hands on this multimeter.
Fluke 114 is a handheld digital TRMS multimeter that is quite affordable for troubleshooting. It can also work in poorly lit areas because of the 6000 count display availability and the presence of a large white LED backlight. You can also keep on testing for 400 hours without the backlight due to the presence of a simple 9-volt alkaline battery.
Fluke 114 meter is also integrated with a kick-stand which ensures it’s hand-free. Accuracy is at its maximum when testing your electrical using this multimeter. Any ghost voltage when testing the accuracy is kept at bay by the built-in filter feature.
Other features that come with Fluke 114 multimeter include both auto ranging and manual ranging, a low battery indicator, an analog bar graph display, and minimum and maximum to record fluctuations.
It also has a CAT III 600V safety rating. In addition, it has a three year warranty which enables you to measure and test your electrical for many years to come.
Read in Detail: Fluke 114 detailed review
- Easy to store because of integral holster containing probe holders
- Records both minimum and maximum fluctuations
- 9-volt alkaline battery leading to long life
- Can be used in poorly lit places
- Prices are relatively high
3. Premium Choice: Fluke 117 Electricians True RMS
- VoltAlert technology for non-contact voltage detection
- AutoVolt automatic AC/DC voltage selection. DC millivolts - Range : 600.0 mV, Resolution : 0.1 mV
- Low input impedance: helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
- Large white LED backlight to work in poorly lit areas
- True RMS for accurate measurements on non-linear loads.Operating temperature:-10°C to +50°C.Battery life:400 hours typical,...
Are you looking for a more advanced multimeter? Well, Fluke 117 meters is ideal for you. It comes with a small backlight LED that enables you to detect voltage and current in almost every place and dark area. You’re also capable of using it in low and dark places.
Fluke 117 meter provides accuracy when measuring electricity; this multimeter has unique and straightforward shapes, making it more accurate. You probably know why accuracy is most important when measuring your electricity.
With an accurate RMS, you can detect the current and voltage in the wires and circuits. Apart from the accuracy, this multimeter is comfortably designed to make electrical work simpler. In addition, its handling system is very secure.
Talk of the volt alert when you mention this simple multimeter. It ensures all the voltage in your areas is properly checked, not leaving a chance to even those low places, and takes care of ghost readings in your wires.
In addition, checking and making contact at the non-contact voltage places is easier because of the volt alert technology, which is more straightforward.
Its auto volt detection system makes it suitable to check the AC/DC at any given rate. The simplicity and minor feature of this multimeter make it very crucial in any electrical work.
As a homeowner or a technician, you can use this multipurpose meter for suitable work, ranging from good reading, voltage detection, and measuring electricity.
Read in Detail: Fluke 117 review
- Fluke sales expert offers excellent support to customers
- Very comfortable and easy to use
- Capable of saving data
- Viewing from angles is very difficult due to low contrast
- Reading DC voltage takes quite some time
4. Best Fluke Multimeter for Homeowner: Fluke 87-V
Are you worried about which type of multimeter is suitable for your electronic machines? Well, the Fluke 87-V multimeter for electricians is here. Fluke 87-V multimeter takes care of any electronic problem.
In addition, fluke 87-V takes care of any electromechanical problems starting from troubleshooting motor drive, and distribution of power, and is also perfect for testing HVAC usages.
Additionally, there is also a presence of CAT III 1000V and CAT IV 600V safety rates. The combo kit for this electronic multimeter is also not much expensive. This electronic multimeter’s worth is far more realistic, courtesy of how dynamic and fantastic this meter looks.
It is worth your money. This combo kit has manual and auto-ranging for the fastest correct frequency measurements to enhance the same. If you want to make your HVAC system look great, then 87-V is the best digital multimeter you can ever have.
The thermocouple feature in this multimeter ensures you can test anything from wires and also liquids. Any false input reading brought about by ghost voltage is challenged by the true RMS. When using this multimeter, you don’t need paper and a pen; the saving data feature takes care of any later reference.
Dual resolution display ensures all data readings are well presented. Don’t worry about your battery if you’re such a forgetful electrician; 87-V comes with an auto turn-off, which ensures your battery is not drained if you forget to turn it off.
In case you’re doing something incorrectly with this multimeter, an audible warning will always alert you. Indeed the best insulation multimeter you can ever have. Don’t forget the lifetime warranty that comes with this 87-V combo kit.
Read in Detail: Fluke 87V in depth review
- Produces correct readings and lead tests
- Long-lasting battery due to auto turn off
- Manual and auto-ranging feature
- The display screen is relatively small
- Difficult in reading angles
- Only available in the USA
5. FLUKE 101 – Pocket Digital Multimeter for Everyday Use
- Basic dc accuracy 0.5%
- CAT III 600 V safety rated
- Diode and continuity test with buzzer
- Small lightweight design for one-handed use
- Rugged, durable design
If you’re a beginner and looking for where to start in multimeter, look no further, Fluke 101 digital multimeter covers all your needs. It is merely a basic multimeter. It is so comprehensive and easy to read.
When you talk about the first and ideal electronic multimeters with super compact, this basic fluke multimeter is the first line. Using it becomes so easy, courtesy of how it is made. It can serve anywhere, perfect for commercial electricians and even basic or residential use.
Most electricians or anybody with electronic appliances only want to take care of their appliances. Almost everybody is looking for capacitance when it comes to searching for a suitable multimeter.
Fluke 101 multimeter’s lightweight feature makes it easy to use single-handedly and with much ease and comfort. You can as well carry it in your pocket because of how tiny it looks. The size of the screen is also sufficient, though not much, it is very super portable.
The timid size and lightweight feature don’t hinder it from giving out the best to electricians when it comes to performance. It also helps in heating and air conditioning HVAC tools. There is also a power saving mode, which ensures its running time when testing current and voltage.
Fast and more painless testing is also accompanied by this multimeter, thanks to the automatic ranging option. You can save your data for later reference, courtesy of the data holding function.
This multimeter comes with a magnetic hanging trap known as Fluke Strap, which makes it look smart. You can use Fluke Strap to carry and wear your meter with less effort when not holding it.
Fluke 101 multimeter has a CAT III 600V safety rating for maximum protection of both you and your equipment. Despite the small and smart multimeter it is, the price is also amicable.
Read in Detail: Fluke 101 review review
- The magnetic hanging strap helps to reduce wear and tear
- Data can be saved for future reference
- It can be carried single-handedly
- Presence of auto power-save
- Existence of a safety rating
- Readings can be frequently erroneous
- It doesn’t have a CAT IV safety rating
6. Fluke 15B – Best Cheap Fluke Multimeter
- Please notice, the manual is in Chinese, doesn't allow return for this reason.
Are you an engineering student? Any student doing an engineering course would love to get their hands on Fluke 15b digital multimeter. It comes in the complete package.
Unfortunately, it is infrequent to find, plus the odd-looking combinations that accompany it. Despite the powerful feature it portrays, it is still affordable.
The heavy-duty nature of this multimeter doesn’t take away its lightweight. You can well use it single-handedly, courtesy of its compact nature.
It is strongly built for industrial standards, a well-built construction, and is a genuine fluke containing all the right features. The display screen is enormous with all the testing features.
This fluke digital multimeter performs catering, testing voltage, resistance, continuum, low input impedance, capacitance, and a testing diode. It has a data hold feature that helps you store information, so you don’t have to carry a pen and paper.
However, this digital multimeter has a CAT III 600V safety rating for safety and quality standards. Simplicity and ease to use while still robust and accurate make this automotive multimeter suitable for learners.
Read in Detail: Fluke 15b full review
- It can be used in poorly places courtesy of an LED backlight display
- Saves data and information for later reference
- Easily portable single-handedly
- Only available in the United States
7. Fluke 289 True-RMS Stand Alone Logging Multimeter
- Stores up to 15,000 recorded events
- Real time clock for automatic time stamping of saved readings
- Large 50,000 count, 1/4 vga display with a white Backlight
- Low impedance voltage function prevents false readings due to ghost voltage
- Unique logging and graphing capabilities mean you no longer need to download logged readings to a PC to detect a trend
Fluke 289 multimeter has much-updated software. So if you’re an electrician and have problems such as poor calibration, dustless and high-quality assurance, don’t look further. Fluke 289 True RMS is precisely here to sort you out. Its budget will match your pocket.
Professionals use this multimeter primarily for troubleshooting services. Other uses include industrial equipment, continuity test, and excellent data logging. Some of the useful features that come with this meter include data logging and readings.
Fluke 289 is highly built to suit your need. It is designed to solve complex plant automation, electronics, distributing power, and electromechanical equipment.
Being compatible, you can use a wireless connector to communicate with other smart devices using Bluetooth function as you monitor the readings. There’s no need for a computer connection.
Fluke 289 is super-fast when it comes to testing things. It works at intervals with log dc voltage and resistance. The quality of this multimeter is just on another level. When it comes to performance, it has high-quality assurance performance for industrial logging.
Read in Detail: Fluke 289 full review
- High industrial performance
- Very fast in continuity
- Provides reliability
8. Fluke 113 True-RMS Utility Multimeter
- Digital multimeter measures AC/DC voltage, resistance, and capacitance and performs continuity and diode tests
- True RMS meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or nonlinear loads where the current or voltage has a...
- Simultaneously checks for voltage and continuity
- Manual and auto ranging modes for user flexibility
- Safety rated for Category III to 600Volts and Category IV to 300 Volts
Fluke 113 true RMS digital multimeter is capable of carrying out a massive spectrum of electrical factors. It is mandated to measure continuity, frequency, capacitance, consent check, pulse width, and testing diodes.
Fluke 113 simultaneously checks on voltage and current continuity to enable you to avoid testing separately. It has both manual and auto-ranging, which makes testing and readings faster and more convenient.
The true RMS also ensures your readings are more precise and accurate. Measuring linear and nonlinear loads becomes more accurate when you use this true RMS multimeter. You can as well use it in everyday objects like medical machines, batteries, and lastly wires.
Read in Detail: Fluke 113 full review
- Provides precise and accurate readings
- Both manual and auto-ranging
- It can be used single-handedly
- Accurate measurements
- There can be frequent ghost readings of voltages
9. Fluke 115 – Best Budget Fluke Multimeter
- True-rms for accurate measurements on non-linear loads
- safety rated
- Large white LED Backlight to work in poorly lit areas
- Operating Temperature -10 °C to + 50 °C Storage Temperature -40 °C to + 60 °C
- Check continuity, frequency, capacitance and diode test
If looking for a simpler multimeter, consider using Fluke 115 True-RMS Digital Multimeter. It is the most straightforward meter you can ever have as an electrician.
Its function is to supply the technicians with more precise and accurate measurements. In addition, viewing the heaps of this multimeter is very easy, thanks to a more extensive monitor feature.
Fluke 115 has the same performance and capabilities as Fluke 116 multimeter. Some of its testing capabilities include oscillation, capacitance, and resistance.
As indicated earlier, it has the same capabilities as Fluke 116, but the Fluke 115 multimeter has high capacitance and competence compared to the 116 multimeters.
In addition, it has a maximum voltage AC/DC of 600v. As a result, this multimeter is more automotive than any other multimeter. Another feature that makes this automotive multimeter outstanding is the NIST calibration, which makes the meter meet the standards and specs stated by manufacturers.
Fluke 115 multimeter is one of a kind that you should never miss whenever you’re heading out for your electric profession. User safety is also taken with the help of the cat iii 600v safety rating. The company standard warranty is not left behind whenever you order this test tool.
Read in Detail: Fluke 115 full review
- It comes with a holster and a stand
- Readings and testing are very true
- Huge LCD to assist in readings
- Saves data for future reference
10. SSEYL FLUKE 17B+
- Multiple functions with Auto / Manual ranges, Large LCD display, 4,000 Counts update 3/sec
- Main Measurements : Frequency, Temperature, AC/DC A-V-Ohm , capacitance, Diode & Continuity , duty cycle test
- Frequency : 50Hz,500Hz,5.0KHz,50.00KHz,100Khz ,0.1%+3
- Capacitance : 40.00nF/400.0nF/4.0uF/40.0uF/400.0uF/1000uF, 5%+5
- Note: Fluke Chinese Factory made, Warranty Only Valid in China, Please know it before purchasing
Of course, any technician’s dream is to have a more popular multimeter with excellent reliability. Fluke 17B+ digital multimeter is here. Get yourself started with one. The appearance of this multimeter looks the same as the Fluke 15B+ as reviewed above.
Fluke 17B multimeter measures all necessary tests, ranging from a frequency range, accurate measurements, and capacitance. Don’t worry about the price if you want to measure your capacitor’s capacitance using this multimeter.
Fluke 17b multimeter can be used at the home, depot, and also on HVAC. Some other features that make it one of the best include its compact nature, simplicity, and accuracy.
When testing an object using this multimeter, you don’t need any manual adjustment because it automatically shows the reading. It proves to be very convenient. It is well designed and smoothly built.
You only use one hand when using it, thanks to its lightweight feature. The leg-stand feature enables it to stand on a flat surface and be used efficiently. LCD feature also provides a backlight.
Read in Detail: Fluke 17b review
- Leg-stand enables it to stand on a flat surface
- It can be carried single-handedly
- Able to measure temperatures
- Can easily test microamp
FAQs: 6 Questions & Answers
What is the most preferred fluke multimeter by technicians?
Well, most electricians are usually looking for a multimeter with excellent quality at a very fair price. But Fluke 116 HVAC Multimeter outsmarts other fluke meters to provide electricians with quality work at a reasonable price.
What makes fluke multimeter a good brand?
When talking of profitable multimeter brands, fluke can never miss on that list. Starting from the simplicity, affordable price, work efficiency, excellent quality, and smart look.
What is the meaning of safety rating features such as cat iii and cat iv?
The safety rating is a circuit input in a multimeter that enables the meter to withstand any voltage or current without endangering an electrician or anybody using a multimeter.
So, it is good to have a multimeter with these safety ratings to enable you to carry out your testing and measuring without getting into trouble with your Fluke digital multimeter.
Before purchasing any multimeter make sure you stick to the right one for your job. Avoid purchasing a multimeter that is too expensive but with features and functions that cannot help you in any way.
Before you decide to invest in a fluke, you should consider individual features and reviews first. There are several questions you have to ask yourself. What exactly do you want to use for your multimeter? Will you be using it most of the time? Or is it for home use or your profession? Related Article: Best multimeter for beginners
Using it at home means that you won’t be using it more frequently. You’ll only use it when your electrical appliance breaks down or when you feel like carrying out maintenance at your home.
There’re various features that you may not consider when you’re in this situation. You will need something simple and easy to use.
The most important features you must ensure come with your fluke multimeters include the backlight feature, which helps in dark places, a long-life battery, an auto-save feature, which saves data for later reference, safety measures, and a reliable warranty.